Bangladesh: Ecology, Behavior and Conservation of Some Bangladesh Wildlife
A project research on Bangladesh Ecology, Bangladesh Behavior and Conservation of Some Bangladesh Wildlife is towards an end now. This research in the area of wildlife, ecology, behavior and conservation was done under the bilateral collaboration between the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and the University Of Chittagong (UCHIT) (Chittagong, Bangladesh). It was funded by the Norwegian Cooperation Program for Development Research and Education (NUFU).
As prefixed the duration mentioned for the project was 2007-2011. They were primarily interested to look at the relationship that is there between the biodiversity & the ecology of wildlife and the effects of habitat adaptation and disintegration on conservation of species in Bangladesh. There were 4 PhD Researchers, 4 Mphil and 3 MSc students.
The most important intentions of the project were:
- To build human resource and institutional capacity in the areas of natural science, and
- To increase the ability to demonstrate a critical awareness and reflection on research-based information as a basis for problem solving and practice in professional contexts; to interpret and report research findings in areas of natural science; to formulate research questions and problems, design and carry out small scale research projects and present findings in academic conferences.
The chief doings of the project were as follows:
- To develop realistic international standard course curricula, research laboratory, organizing training and supervising for PhD and Masters study in the areas of natural science;
- To produce research based dissertation and publications and arrange seminars, symposiums and workshops or conferences to disseminate research-based information;
- To establish the linkage or networking with relevant disciplines or departments or research institutions at home and abroad.
Funding of the whole Ecology, Behavior and Conservation of Some Bangladesh Wildlife project was done by:
- Norwegian Cooperation Programme for Development Research and Education (NUFU)
- Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (Lånekassen).
Such researches & studies create awareness not only towards some endangered Bangladesh Wildlife species which need to be conversed but also the care nature life & ecology need from human life.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.